Cell Phones the Keys to Solving Your Investigations 3 day class
This course is designed to teach Homicide Investigators, Narcotic Investigators, Criminal Investigators, and analyst how to Identify, obtain and analyze various types of phone records. Cell phone records can break and make any type of criminal investigation. During this Two day (16 hours) class real world cases will be discussed at length including several recent homicide cases, one of which was Federal Murder case of an informant. The students will be taken step by step through each case profiled from Call out to arrest of the suspect. In addition to the several Homicide cases there are robbery cases, a Stolen Heavy Equipment case and even white color financial investigations. Cell phones are present and used at virtually every crime don’t miss out on this fascinating and affordable class. Similar class can be as expensive as $500.
· Learn how to create a top caller list
· Learn to pattern and targets calls
· Find changes in calling patterns; Pre and Post incident calling patterns
· Break or verify an alibi with call records, more than just mapping the caller
· Determine the owner of an Anonymous prepay phone such as a tracfone
· Develop witnesses from phone records
· Learn subscriber information from numerous sources
· Learn how to locate your targets phone number once he changes phones
· Learn how to defeat the defense of “ I lost my phone “
· How find the single important call in a list of thousands of calls
· Learn how to map and track your target with his phone
· Locate your suspect after the warrant is signed
· Use various types of programs to map your records (Cell Hawk, Google Earth, NDCAC)
The Instructor Sgt Eric Smith is a 20 year veteran of the Charleston Police Department. During his 20 year career Sgt. Smith has received numerous awards and commendations. Prior to being promoted, Sgt Smith worked as the Intelligence officer for over 7 years in the Charleston Police Departments Criminal Investigation Division. During this time Sgt Smith conducted over 1000 mobile forensic exams of cell phones, has performed toll analysis on over 300,000 telephone calls, and assisted in the investigation of 40 homicides.
The tuition is $200 per student for the one day class and $400 for the 3 day class The Class is certified for 8 or 24 hrs of annual in-service credit. For more information please contact KTS Law Enforcement Training at email@example.com or 304-437-4202.